Can a 21st century church, military, family or corporate leader identify with the leadership challenges that Jesus faced 2000 years ago? Let’s take a closer look. Are you faced with any of the following challenges:
- Managing a group with great potential but little training and experience? (Think disciples who are fishermen, tax collectors, tent makers)
- Facing daily opposition, often life-threatening danger? (Think Pharisees, literal “cliff hanging” events and threats of bodily harm and death)
- Serving a mission greater than self? (God or country perhaps? Family?)
- Using extremely limited physical resources in the most effective way possible?
- Motivating your team when all hope of mission success seems to be impossible?
Jesus Christ, as a leader of men and women, has been there! He knows of your challenges, aspirations, hopes and prayers. And, with the immense (infinite) resources of the Holy Spirit, He stands with you. Have you put on the “full armor of God” to withstand today’s assaults and to prepare for tomorrow? (Ephesians 6:10-18). Have you prayed today? Have you read God’s Word today? Christ has done, and will do, His part. He has prepared the way. He expects us to do our responsibility, and those who follow our leadership need us to model that behavior and execute our leadership obligations as well. I encourage you to read and meditate on the promises of Ephesians 6:10-18. It will encourage and empower you!